Combination EPI Info/ ENA Software
To compensate for the few shortcomings of ENA (limited capacity to analyze additional variables collected and to manage data from other programs, the interface for data entry on a spreadsheet), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) created one software package that combines ENA and Epi Info. Epi Info is a public domain software package designed for the global public health community of practitioners and researchers. It provides for easy questionnaire and database construction, data entry and analysis with epidemiologic statistics, graphs and maps.
The purpose of Epi Info/ ENA software is to make analysis of nutrition and mortality data collected in field surveys as easy and reliable as possible. The combined software, Epi Info/ ENA, provides an opportunity to enter data with Epi Info, evaluate the results with ENA, and do further statistical analyses with Epi Info.
This hybrid software package allows you to:
- Program data entry forms.
- Generate anthropometric scores using both WHO and NCHS growth standards.
- Produce automate analyses of key mortality and nutrition indicators.
- Conduct automated plausibility and data quality checks.
- Generate reports that include results of these automated analyses.
- Please click here to download and install Epi Info Version 3.5.4, which is compatible with ENA software. You must first download Epi Info separately in order to be able to download and use the combination ENA/Epi Info software.
- After you have downloaded and installed Epi Info 3.5.4, please install the following file (Epi Info/ENA):
Epi Info must be saved in the C:\ drive of your computer. Once you install Epi Info/ ENA it is automatically saved in a subdirectory of Epi Info (it should be C:\epi_info\ena). The installation directory must be in this C:\ drive otherwise problems will arise later on with Epi Info/ENA. All of your data for the surveys analysed using Epi Info/ENA will be stored inside the ena.mdb file within C:\epi_info\ena.